This area was originally served by a Polish missionary priest, Rev. Francis Olszewski, who made his home in the centre of the Polish and Ukrainian settlements that are now known as Krakow. This is the oldest Polish parish in Alberta and was dedicated to St. Casimir. A small church was erected in 1907, then replaced with the present sanctuary, built in 1934–35 and consecrated in the name of “The Precious Blood”.
Peter Lipinski painted the main altar. Currently Mass is celebrated once a year.
See HERE for more information on Peter Lipinski.
See HERE for more on St. Casimir.
GPS Co-ordinates: 53.672602, -112.433719
Affiliation: Catholic Archdiocese of Edmonton